Here is the way to grill a pizza on a gas grill. You can use any toppings you want (you add them in step 7). This is also a great way to do a flatbread to serve as an appetizer.
1) Heat all four burners on the gas grill to high heat
2) Roll out a pizza dough (the kind from Trader Joes) on a large, floured work surface
3) Prepare all your pizza toppings and place in individual bowls to transport to grill area
4) Bring the dough out to the heated bbq on a floured/corn mealed pizza paddle, along with the toppings, a prep dish of olive oil with a pastry brush and a large cutting board
5) Transfer the rolled out dough to the bbq (with no toppings added yet) and grill for 2 minutes - Using a fork, poke holes where the dough is filling with air bubbles
6) Take the dough off the heat using the paddle and flip it over onto the large cutting board
7) Brush the grilled side of the dough with olive oil and then, add the toppings such as cheese, tomatoes, cooked sausage etc
8) Place dough back onto the bbq and grill for another 4 minutes, or until the cheese is thoroughly melted - depending on where the hot spots are on your grill, you may need to move it around a bit
9) Remove pizza from heat, add additional condiments (if necessary), season with salt and pepper and cool for about 5 minutes
10) Cut, serve and DEVOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is OK to email this member (but you must sign in first).